Teacher in Training

I am a third grade teacher who LOVES her job. I am constantly evolving as a teacher, and training along the way. I hope to offer teaching tidbits, and the occasional tangent of fun.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

My first blog

I have been pinning many things on Pinterest and noticed all the fun blogs with much useful information. I thought I might have a few nuggets of wisdom I would like to share so I now dive into the wide world of blogging.

I made the crate chairs for my classroom and they are such a hit that I am now up to 11 chairs for my room. I have to lower my table, but they are already engaged sitting on them. Also, I used upholstery fabric so they would last longer. I also used A LOT of glue sticks. However, the way the kids love to sit on them makes any cost worthwhile.

One other project that I got on Pinterest that I really like is the behavior chart with pins. It is the one with more options than a typical green, yellow, orange, red behavior one. This one allows the students to go up three times to OUTSTANDING. My students love this! The students are really well behaved and move their pins up. They try really hard to move those pins up.

I don't know when my next blog will be, but hopefully sooner than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment